Sharing Jesus with Relatives

on Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Well, it's Thanksgiving tomorrow, which means so many wonderful things around the Henderson household. The joy fills the air with amazing food, great football games, laughter, board games... and... the added pressure of feeling like I need to find a new way to share Jesus with my non-believing extended family members.

Anyone else relate with this? During the holidays we all probably see our extended family more than the rest of the year. I've always felt like, during this time, I've needed to find a way to start up conversations about Jesus.
Because... I love my family... and I if what I believe is true... that they won't be in heaven for eternity without a saving faith in Jesus... then I must do something.

And yet, every attempt that I've had, has been met with disappointment and failure. I know, I know... I'm planting seeds. It just doesn't always feel that way.

I think of my uncle in particular, who I love dearly. He is one of my best friends. We hunt, fish, camp, golf, play fantasy sports, poker... you name it together. He was like a second father to me. I would love nothing more in this world (besides my kids) to see Him give His life to Jesus.

But we've had countless amount of conversations, and I'm running out of ideas. Perhaps, it's not my job to think of new ideas, but simply to continue to share my heart and let the Holy Spirit do His work.

Thoughts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment